Why Become a JACL Member?
Your membership matters! As a member, you’ll join a community of thousands of JACL members who believe in social justice, cultural and historical preservation, and empowering communities.
Your membership fuels the JACL mission:
- More members means more power to protect civil and human rights for all
- Membership dues are reinvested into our community by empowering tomorrow’s leaders and youth
- We are able to print and circulate curriculum to educate students and politicians alike about Japanese American and Asian American history
Here are some benefits of a JACL Membership:
- Digital copy of the Pacific Citizen newspaper
- Free admission to the Japanese American National Museum
- Eligibility for JACL Scholarships, internships, fellowships, and leadership programs
- Eligibility to the JACL Credit Union
JACL Membership Categories and Annual Dues:
|Membership Category||Description||National Dues||Chapter Dues||Total|
|Regular/Individual||Regular sustaining member||$65.00||$5.00||$70.00|
|Couple/Family||Spouses, partners, children and/or family members usually residing in the same household||$110.00||$5.00||$115.00|
|Student/Youth||Currently attending an institution of higher learning as a full-time student or is 25 years or younger. Includes graduate students||$30.00||$5.00||$35.00
|Thousand Club*||Exclusive category of members who make a large annual contribution. Includes entry to the Premium Member Reception at our annual Convention. Add your spouse/family for an additional $32||$200.00||$5.00||$205.00|
|Century Club*||Exclusive category of members who make a larger annual contribution. Includes entry to the Premium Member Reception at our annual Convention. Add your spouse/family for an additional $32||$350.00||$5.00||$355.00|
|Millennium Club*||Designed for individuals who wish to significantly contribute to better assure that JACL continues to promote, sponsor, and encourage our programs, projects, and activites. Includes: a subscription to the Pacific Citizen – Print Edition; entry to the VIP Reception and Sayonara Banquet at our annual Convention. Add your spouse/family for an additional $36||$1,000.00||$5.00||$1005.00|
Note: All JACL Memberships are processed through the National JACL.
*For Thousand, Century, and Millennium Club Spouse memberships, please contact the JACL headquarters at (415) 921-5225.
You may also join or renew your JACL membership by mail or phone:
- Mail: download the printable membership form.
- Phone: call 415-921-5225 (Please have your credit card available.)